This month was full of extreme joy and cost.
This month, I made the costliest decision since coming to faith in Jesus, and left my job in the classroom.
Last Easter, a dream from the Lord about leaving my job began a process of discernment that lasted most of 2021. By late June, was concretely considering leaving. However, through dreams and seeing in the Spirit, Lord made it clear that it wasn’t yet the timing. I began to sense the immediacy of change in early November, and while in Scotland. As I explored what this change could move, I received a series of birthing dreams where God increasingly shed clarity on this transition. On Christmas Eve, I received a dream with so much weight that it felt as solid as the ground itself. In this dream, the Lord told me, “Get ready, you have one month left in your position.” I wrestled with the decision to leave, but after:
- 200+ rows on my spreadsheet of dreams, visions, and conversations with God
- various prophetic words, including one very senior prophetic word about relocation and God giving me a mass deliverance mantle
- 7.5 months of waiting
- realizing that 20% of my scribed conversations with God were about leaving
I submitted my notice. In the remainder of this post, I will describe the radical things God has done since then, and why leaving was the best decision I could have made.
Leaving them in Jesus’ hands
I did various things to prepare students’ for my departure, but probably the most meaningful exercise was asking them to actively entrust me into Jesus’ hands.
After studying John 14 and John 17 most of the week, we prayed.
- I reminded them how valuable they are to me. I would only give them to Jesus, and I would only be willing to give them up for Jesus.
- I told them that just as God has our names written on the palms of his hands (Isaiah 49;16), their names are permanently written on my heart. I can’t replace them and they can’t replace me, but God will give us things to love in the people around us.
- I reminded them that we are connected permanently through their faith in Christ and by the Holy Spirit
- I told them that if God is sending me something new, that means he is also sending them something new (like when Jesus went away and the disciples received the Holy Spirit). Celebrate, because God is good and he will reveal to you the new thing.
- I prayed that the new teachers’ love for them would be just as much if not more than the love I had for them. And that their love for the new teachers would be just as much if not more than the love that they had for me.
As I prayed, I placed their pictures in Jesus’ open hands.
Then, I asked a representative from the class to come place my picture in Jesus’ hands.
One little girl eagerly volunteered. She left her desk, came around the side, but stopped when she came in front of where I was sitting, about four feet away from the board. With tears starting to come, she said, “I can’t do it. It’s too hard.” I stopped her from going back to her seat and said, “Sometimes when we do a hard thing, we really can’t do it on our own. S, would you come and help? Each of you hold the picture together, on either side. When we can’t do it on our own, we will get people to help us.” The entire time, I thought about how Simon helped Jesus carry his cross.
When they had put my picture inside Jesus’ hands, I asked the whole class to pray quietly for a few minutes, and in their own words, release me to Jesus. And I tried not to cry as they prayed.
Retelling Favorite Memories
Due to the kindness of our God, the Lord sent a seraphim angel Friday night to put me in a trance, pouring out fire and liberating joy as I slept. As I came out of the encounter, the Lord sent other angels to minister healing like antiseptic to the center of my chest and body. God comprehensively used this encounter to heal me of much of the grief of giving up my children. The Lord in his kindness was unwilling for me to enter into this season of rest unhealed.
Get Ready for the New
So what could make all this cost worth it?
As one prophet said in prophesying this change, “You have to off board in order to onboard onto the new thing.” My journey in DC has taken me as far as it can go, and God is about to write an entirely new story. God is sovereignly calling me back to Latin America for a 4-6 month season of rest, sabbatical, and exploration of the deliverance call he has placed on my life. I will then go on to study a one year Taught Master’s Degree in World Christianity at the University of Edinburgh, in order to understand better the old and new work of the Holy Spirit within Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East. As a fruit of this training in the supernatural and study, I will be able to come alongside churches across the globe to empower children to prophesy.
I am beyond excited to return to a Latin America, because it feels like home. This will be a season of spontaneity and learning to trust the power of God.
My goals for this trip are to:
- build trust and a relational network of individuals in Latin America whose hearts are aligned to this work and the active revelation of the Holy Spirit
- come by invitation, as a listener, honoring local leaders
- align with God’s heart for the people
- rest, explore what the Holy Spirit is doing, and if he leads, allow him to do the unexpected through me
How does any of this connect to the work I’ve done in the classroom?
As a student in my seminary and as a teacher at my Catholic school, the Lord has delighted to use me to invite people in traditional contexts to his beauty.
Ready or not, we are about to see a fulfillment of Acts 2:17 where children of every nation, tribe, and tongue (Rev. 7:9) will prophesy.
In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.Acts 2:17
Through my ministry, children will prophesy out of every corner of the earth. It will shame the striving and the foolish structures of adults (1 Corinthians 1:27) and empower the Bride to stand in power until the day of Jesus
As I and others have asked the Holy Spirit to reveal his heart for both Latin America and Edinburgh, we have seen nothing but books!
God is sifting, repurposing, and redeeming empty traditionalism.
He has new books and stories for this specific season, and is radically backing those who are willing to stand to create the new thing.
I am zealous, especially for institutions who have been marked by traditionalism, to be part of the Ready Bride in this season. God has made it so clear that he will bring people whose hearts are aligned to back me logistically and financially. Whether with just a few people or with many, he will accomplish what he wants to in this season, in this ministry on the earth.
Even so, my heart is hungry to see individuals included in the army of this move of God so that they can receive the credit for what God is about to do on the earth, like Jael. At this point, I’m writing scholarship essays not because of concern for finances, but because I so want traditional institutions to receive this invitation.
These are characteristics of people I’m looking to partner with, relationally and financially:
- Passionate about youth and the ministry of the Holy Spirit
- Believes in the importance of partnering with revelation
- Excited to see a variety of cultures see themselves reflected in Christ
- Longs to see sons and daughters prophesy
- Expects big things of God and isn’t willing to remain in fear
- (optionally) Hungry to repurpose old things into something new
More Information and How to Sow into these next steps:
Do you know anyone whose heart would be organically aligned to support my work in Latin America and Edinburgh? You are welcome to share this post with anyone who the Holy Spirit highlights to you.
Multiplying Encounters: The Importance of Heart Alignment
As I have obeyed God to leave my job, God has been tangibly accelerating and intensifying my supernatural encounters. In kindness, he’s been training me in my sleep and waking hours, and has even begun to send prophetic words in Spanish. While I was fluent in Spanish before this moment, it’s awesome to see him transfer my capacity to prophesy to a new language and give specific instructions and verses that will define my ministry. I’m leaving out some details for the sake of privacy, but suffice it to say, this past week has been gloriously nuts.
As the Lord has started to form me into new shape I need to be for the season that comes next, he has made it clear that he will open doors and supply every need. God has been teaching me that the bulk of the work that needs done right now isn’t actually logistical, but related to being aligned to God’s heart. As I’ve walked through radical encounters this week, I have found that anointing for seeing people set free means allowing your heart to be aligned to God’s overwhelming love, his hatred of evil, his effervescent joy, and his sorrow. When your heart is aligned to him, God is able to use you to release what he wills in a space, as incense that touches the entire group of people, or for interactions with individuals.
This really should not surprise us. As I’ve reflected on scripture this week, I’m realizing that every time the people are blessed, it comes out of times when they are aligned with God’s heart.
- Abraham was blessed out of his alignment with God’s father heart (Genesis 17-22)
- Deborah was blessed because of her desire to see the captives set free, inability to settle for less (Judges 4-5)
- John the Beloved was blessed because he depended on Jesus like Jesus depends on the Father (John 13:23)
Please join me in praying that:
- God would bring an abundance of fearless partners who are excited for what he is about to do on the earth
- God would open doors with the right people, whose hearts are or will be aligned to see captives set free in Latin America and see children prophesy all over the globe
- That the Holy Spirit would help my family navigate how to entrust me over to God
- Grace and ease over logistics of moving and endings