Today, I’m writing about the regions about which God has given me revelation in the past, allowed me to befriend (through their people), or allowed me to physically visit.
I’m tracking this information:
1) to sharpen myself as a Prophet and prophecy thoughtfully in the New Year
2) to provide a template for tracking nations to my Office of a Prophet friends who may want to join me
In this article, I will start by describing the regions where God is calling me to currently focus, and regions I’ve focused on in the past. Then, I will share instructions for how friends in the Office of a Prophet might do the same.
Make New Friends, but Keep the Old
In order to keep expanding your remit as a Prophet, you need to develop a balance between the old and new.
In general, the revelation I get about regions is mixed between new and old places. I know that it’s time to prophesy over a new region when God starts freshly speaking to me about them. I know it’s time to revisit the revelation he’s shared about that place in the past when I start to long after the region like I’m missing a friend.
“For I long to visit you so I can bring you some spiritual gift that will help you grow strong in the Lord.”Romans 1:11
To me, this feels different than when I long to socialize with a friend *from* that place or to visit the land for a personal trip. It feels like I’m longing for the people and the actual land itself.
In order to put words on the regions I most feel drawn towards in this season, I had to break the world into regions. I will describe how to make this kind of map later in this article.
Learning a Nation
When God first starts speaking to me about a place, I start organically researching it. I find myself drawn to that nation’s movies, documentaries, books, words (linguistics), plant and animal information, current events; anything information I can get my hands on. I do this to acquaint myself with the region like you would get to know a person.
As I go through the getting-to-know-you process, I find that from a place of greater confidence, I can go back (at least one month later) and prophesy. Now, some people prefer to immediately prophesy over a nation after they get a word or dream. Personally, I find that disrespectful unless you have gotten an urgent (very vivid, intense) dream or vision. When God just sends snippets of information, usually I interpret this to mean that he’s not sending me all of the facts all at once because he wants me to get to know the region slowly.
I taught my former middle elementary classroom students a similar exploration process when we prayed for the nations by region in 2021.
Finally, there comes a point in learning about a region where I can’t help but need to visit the region. It reminds me of the way you get to know a person and before long, the Holy Spirit of Adoption drives you to develop deeper family ties. You can use friendship, marriage, or familial language to describe this knitting-hearts process, but either way, it’s something that God does inside us before ministry structures emerge from us.
He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.Ephesians 4:16
Without further ado, let me illustrate the list of places where in waking and sleeping hours, the Lord is calling me to either revisit OR freshly explore.
Current Revelation: Index of nations I’m Newly Watching or Revisiting
- Southern Europe: Current revelation
- Scandinavia: Current revelation
- Northern Asia: Revisit, learning culture/background info
- East Asia: Going deeper with current revelation
- European-Influenced Asian Islands: Current revelation + Revisit
- Southern Africa: Current relationship building
- British-Influenced Australasia: Current revelation + learning culture/background info, specifically, Economics + Government
Past Experience: Index of Regions
Geographical Experience: Regions where I have received some revelation AND have intentionally set foot in the past (not just passing through the airport). I have experienced something of the land, languages, customs, and people through immersion. If God were to drop me in that land today, I’d probably have some grid for how to navigate. I would prophesy over these regions as led by the Lord through revelation and current events.
Relational Experience: Regions where I have received some revelation AND had significant, multi-year friendships with the people of that land. If God were to provide friends from that nation today, I’d probably have a good understanding of their background and know how to relate to them. I would prophesy over these regions as led by the Lord and as asked to consult by friends.
Not Yet: Regions that God has not yet led me to focus on for revelation, to visit, or befriend yet, but I may someday.
- South America
- Central America: Relational Experience
- Northern South America: Relational Experience
- Western South America: Relational Experience
- Eastern South America: Relational Experience + Geographical Experience
- Southern South America: Relational Experience + Geographical Experience
- Southern European + Dutch Influenced South America: Not yet
- Caribbean Islands: Relational Experience
- Scandinavia: Geographical Experience
- British Isles: Geographical Experience + Relational Experience
- Southern Europe: Geographical Experience
- Eastern Europe: Geographical Experience
- Western Europe: Geographical Experience + Relational Experience
- Eastern Asia: Geographical Experience + Relational Experience
- Southeast Asia: Geographical Experience + Relational Experience
- Central Asia: Not yet
- Southern Asia: Relational Experience
- European-Influenced Asian Islands: Geographical Experience
- Middle East: Relational Experience
- Northern Africa: Relational Experience
- Central Africa: Not Yet
- Western Africa: Relational Experience
- Eastern Africa: Relational Experience
- British Influenced Australasia: Relational Experience
- North America: Relational Experience + Geographical Experience (excluding Canada, Northeastern US + Northern Plains US)
Current Blog Audience of this Site
Here is a summary of the nations that most often viewed this site in 2022. This information shows a higher degree of interest from Asia + Australia than I probably would have otherwise guessed. Good information to have, though I will still rely on the Lord instead of statistics to tell me where to focus on for prophecy.
Are you called to the Office of a Prophet?
Make Your Own World Map
In order to make this map, I used the tracking tool at MapChart.net.
This exercise could easily be duplicated by taking the following steps:
- (Optional) Watch this tutorial on how to create a Map
2. Create a Map, using the regional categories God highlights to you to distinguish regions.
I started color-coding in a “North, East, Central, West, South”, but adapted my structure when I knew that the culture of specific regions was not going to follow that schema. For example, I know that Caribbean culture is different to mainland South America in a variety of ways, so I color-coded the Caribbean islands as their own distinct region. For similar reasons, did the same for the regions in blue on the list below. This required me to split island chains or continents in general patterns, yet I believe the increased cultural accuracy outweighed the risks of generalizing. If individuals from these regions would like to help me finetune my generalizations, the feedback is welcome.
3. Reflect on the revelation you are currently receiving. If you are in the Office of a Prophet and frequently get revelation for nations via dreams, this could be a good time to start formally tracking what God is telling you.
4. As you reflect, list which regions God is providing current revelation and past revelation. Consider regions that you’ve physically visited, or whose people you’ve befriended. You may choose to use the categories I’ve defined for myself in this article to get you started.
Tip: The more backward-facing, historical revelation the Lord shows you, the more important ancestry or past connections will become. You will need to use discernment to determine whether it’s relevant to current friendships, present-focused revelation, or future-focused revelation.
5. Use these lists to actively seek revelation about regions where God is calling you to revisit or freshly speaking about (“Current + Revisit” categories). Do not be passive, but develop a routine of pressing in and accountability with Office of a Prophet friends.
6. Continuously add or adjust your lists when you travel, when you make significant friendships, and as God speaks.
Bonus: From Nations to Cities
One last thought: Different seasons of ministry will cause you to focus on cities or regions in linear OR nonlinear ways. Within the Office of the Prophet formation, God expands Prophets’ remits in from smaller groups to larger groups. This builds on the order of the small to large stewardship in the Parable of the Talents and the Parable of the Sower. God would rather give us seed instead of a full plant, because as the seed grows, we grow with it.
As for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears. theword and understands it. He indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty.”Matthew 3:23
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.Luke 2:52
In a perfect, falsely-linear world, this progression would look something like:
Individual (self-responsibility) –> Family –> Community Group –> Church –> City –> Region –> Nation –> Continents –> Global Influence
And yet, the Holy Spirit (along with Jesus and God himself) live outside of time. Therefore, the revelation you receive often comes before the true outworking of it so that you have some time to mature into where God needs you to be. He does us the favor of modeling what the future will look like, stringing together different aspects of it so we can gradually take greater responsibilty for it until it arrives.
For example, last Spring, God had me focus primarily on Nations because he wanted to explain future blueprints for ministry that we’d do within those regions. He gave me geographical and relational experience of these places, building on prior revelation and based on a very specific seasonal assignment.
This season, God is having me focus on befriending Seattle as a City.
He’s given revelation and sent supplemental gifts related to people gathering, mercy, evangelism, and relationship-building (shepherding) because those are the graces necessary for this region. He’s using my friendships, future workplace, and volunteering to outwork these skills. He is having me practice balance shepherding and evangelism with the apostolic and prophetic, in advance of greater harvest he will have me lead.
As part of befriending Seattle as a City, he’s also sharing specific International sister cities around the globe he wants me to connect with and providing new people who touch those regions. He has said that as I and other Prophets in Washington State connect with those people and places, we will experience an exchange of anointings and parallelly synched to shared moves of God.