For one month between May and June, I had the enormous benefit of visiting El Shaddai School in Sao Jao de Boa Vista in Sao Paolo state, Brazil. As a non-denominational Christian school, El Shaddai’s value for community, personal relationship with God, and developmentally responsive curriculum make it an ideal atmosphere to teach children and teens about God’s voice.
God’s Call to Brazil and Latin America
Prior to going to Brazil, I spent months discerning a call to visit.
Mutual Goals for Kingdom Education
During the pandemic, I met with a group of North American and international educators monthly to train and learn from one another about how to promote Holy Spirit led teaching in Christian schools. Through this network, I was connected with my friend Tiago, who was my host for the month I was in Brazil. His family helps run El Shaddai schools multiple locations, and has for over 40 years.
Once I went to Brazil, I stayed with my friend Lubi and her family. Lubi works as a teacher at El Shaddai school and was a gracious host and translator as we went through classrooms teaching.
Church and School Community
Teaching Early Childhood Students (age 5-6)
Teaching Middle School (age 11-12)
From August to December, I hope to return to Brazil for 5-6 months for continued missionary work. During this time, I hope to:
- Develop a curriculum for early childhood (5 years) middle elementary (9 years), middle school students (12 years) to hear and interpret the internal audible voice of God and visual imagery
- Host weekly trainings for local teachers on the basics of personal prophecy, prophetic ministry, dream interpretation, and discerning of spirits
- In August, launch virtual prophetic community for 10 teens using Whatsapp/Zoom , especially geared for teens who would be otherwise geographically isolated from prophetic ministries. Develop a model to share with churches in but especially outside of the West, to share in their own languages.
- Connect and partner with ministries that do deliverance ministry within the region, learning from locals’ perspectives on deliverance
- Learn Portuguese for continued trips within Brazil
- Learn acoustic guitar to grow in prophetic worship
Here is a sample budget for my return trip to Brazil (August – December).
One thought on “Returning to Brazil”